Kawartha Country Wines
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Building on a long family tradition of winemaking, and buoyed by years of practical experience and the study of oenology, John Rufa is always creating something new.
Operating on the principle that “the fresher the produce, the better the wine,” John sources close to home, creating premium quality fruit and grape wines for all occasions from Kawartha Choice and Ontario fruit.
In addition to his recent creations of golden rod and pumpkin wines, John makes a number of single variety apple wines, rhubarb, plum, and an exquisite maple syrup ice wine. With such selection, visitors to Kawartha Country Wines can’t help but be treated to “just one more” taste from the complimentary sampling bar.
Along with a selection of traditional red and white wines, John and partner Trish sell a wide variety of wine jellies, preserves, and fruit vinegars in the gourmet food and gift shop. With these fine products available only at the winery, Kawartha Country Wines is a destination all its own, or a great part of a trip to local galleries or day at the lake.
Quick Contact: 1.705.657.9916 | www.kawarthawinery.com |
'WINE' CAN BBQ CHICKEN
- 2 tbsp Kawartha Country Onion Cooking Wine
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Full Fresh Chicken
- French Kiss Spice Rub (available at Kawartha Country Wines)
- Cranberry Apple Kawartha Country Wine (available at Kawartha Country Wines)
- Wine Pairing: Cranberry Apple Kawartha Country Wine
Make a Comment
Contact & Location
- Kawartha Country Wines
- 275 County Road 36, Buckhorn, ON K0L 1J0, Canada
- 1.705.657.9916 | www.kawarthawinery.com